Friday, August 24, 2012

We are Never Ever going back together! (T-Swift Style)

I hate shopping on the weekends and I never seem to have the energy to go in the "early morning" or "late evening" hours which is why I always make the venture with my kids. But I am quickly learning that just isn't an option anymore. Once again I attempted the "Big Shopping" day with my kiddos... My first mistake was going anywhere besides Walmart. I went to work and Sweet Pea's first, THEN started the shopping adventure. By that point Hayden was cooked. I bought the kids their candy before we got started, knowing full well candy at the beginning of the trip = psychotic kids during the trip, but what do you do? So about 20 minutes into it, the kids were acting like crack babies. Kyleigh and D.J. kept climbing on the cart, and off the cart, on the cart, and off the cart, in front of the cart, behind the cart...doci doe. At one point they actually started wrestling and fell over each other in the middle of the aisle. Landon was calmly eating his M n M's the whole time, Hayden however was having a meltdown. The M n M's were spilled twice, the teddy grahams were crushed on the bottom of the cart and all around Walmart. I got D.J. a pair of shoes and he asked me for them for the next hour and a half...over and over and over. Half way through, I decided we were NOT finishing the shopping trip this morning, and headed to the checkout line. All you know what broke loose. Kyleigh was halving a meltdown because she wanted out of the cart, but she was bouncing all over the place so I made her stay. Then Landon kept laying on her thus leading to an all out brawl in the cart. Hayden's still crying, and D.J. is over banging the money tower for the children with cancer donations. Moreover, the woman in front of me is one of those people that organizes her groceries when putting them on the conveyor belt, you know, bottles with bottles, bags with bags, frozen with frozen. She moved like a turtle on its deathbed. 15 minutes later, I was finally able to start putting my groceries up. The cashier was noticeably annoyed and short. Then, my debit card wouldn't work. Three tries and one wipe on my shorts later, it finally worked, PRAISE GOD. We were out the door and off to McDonald's. Then we went to meet daddy for lunch at his work. Stupid, I know. He and I were planning on Chick Fil A, but when we walked the 40 mile trek to get there (exaggerating, but seriously, they put it out in Tim Buck Too), the line of students was wrapped around the corner. So we walked another 40 miles to Kids Cove and ate there. Landon of course needed to use the bathroom, so I took him. 5 flushes later I walk to his stall, and lean over to pull his pants up. He then flushes the toilet and its sprays me all over my face... thankfully it was clear water, but still SO GROSS. We eventually left and my kids were like Zombies in the car. I then get a call from work asking if I can work tomorrow afternoon....SURE, ABSOLUTELY, I am so full of life this week, why not???? (said dripping with sarcasm) They are all now in bed, and I still have to put the groceries away, and clean what I think is still my house. Tonight I will go, ALONE, and finish my shopping making today my LAST day shopping with these sweet perfect little angels. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment