Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Clothing

So, my poor husband, along with his co-workers, have been struggling with the return of Liberty's students this past week. I say struggling because it seems each year Liberty enforces the dress code less and less, and as a result, the girls are wearing less and less. When I was there, I was written up at least once a week for the back of my skirt being a half an inch above my knees...and now, I go there to drop off Dave's lunch and not only are the skirts shorter then arm length, they are SKIN TIGHT. I confess, I used to dress much "sexier" back in highschool. I like most girls, enjoyed the attention we recieved by showing a little more leg, stomach, etc... However, when i met my husband, we were 16 and 17 years old, and since then I see the horrible effects our clothing ( or lack there of) has on these poor guys.

I know most men enjoy it, and could care less, but there are a number of guys ( especially at Liberty) who are striving to live pure lives for God. They are doing whatever they can to keep themselves pure and holy, saving themselves and their feelings for their future ( or current) wives. Walking around in skin tight, skimpy skirts, low cut shirts, and a the confidence of a super model is not only affecting you, but it is causing godly men to fall. To speak about God to unbelievers is like speaking a foreign language, I know that. So though it would be wonderful if they would respect those that do have a relationship with the Lord, it is not my place to make that request. However, for those women that do, I ask that you at least consider what I have to say.

Wearing skimpy clothes in front of men and expecting them to look the other way ( at least every time) is like putting a 12 pack of beer in front of a recovering alcoholic, dangling a bone in front of a dog, bate in front of a fish, etc...etc...you get the picture. They are visually stimulated. I know its hard for us women to undrestand that, but we know it enough to wear the clothes in the first place right? the only reason women wear things that show off their bodies, is to do just that, SHOW OFF THEIR BODIES. We believe we look good enough to wear it, and we want to wear something that shows the rest of the world, to get those wandering eyes to look and inevitably, to lust. For those of you that are trying to live for the Lord, we will be held accountable for causing these men to sin, that I can promise. the blood will be on their hands, as well as our own. Do you want to be noticed by your body? yes, you are beautiful, yes you have an awesome body, but to be noticed by that rather than noticed by your walk with the Lord, by the joy on your face, the love in your heart.... I assure you, that will not be what men see when they look at you, they will see your body, and the thoughts they will have will not be pure or sweet, that I assure you. they will think about you how they should only be thinking about their wives, and how only your future or current husband should think of you. I was really challenged when my husband brought this to my attention, and since then I have been careful to dress appropriately. I still know how to look good for my man, but we can do that without sharing our God given assets with the rest of the world. ;)

4 comments:

  1. AMEN. I usually try to ask Will if something's okay with him to go out in if I'm not sure... usually I don't need to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop playing the blame game and make your husband take accountability for himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even going to answer that alexis, we've been through this. these are just my opinions on the matter. no one says you have to agree.

    ReplyDelete